Sunday, February 24, 2013

WISE Blogs

I read several of my peer's blogs, and they are doing some really interesting projects! Two of my best friends who are also in WISE are composing music and learning performance magic.

Joon, who is amazingly musically talented, has already composed a piece for a video a friend and I made! His journal is part of his personal blog, which I follow. Joon makes frequent and content-filled updates frequently, almost daily. Given the nature of his blog/project, there are often great videos to watch or inspirational pieces linked in his posts making it far more engaging. His varied post style (combinations of lists, paragraphs, quick comments on a video, formal writing, semi formal, personal writing, etc.) also help making his posts engaging to read.

Edan is IHS's magician. He inspired me at the start of this year to pick up a deck and learn a few tricks of my own. I can't wait to follow his progress through the next 14 weeks, hopefully have him practice the tricks on me, and maybe even pick up some of the tricks he learns too. We have even talked about doing a two-person trick as part of his final project!

Progress on the theme is progressing - I have started throwing in dummy-apps to get a sense of how some of the major applications will look/behave on different screens. In the next few days I need to start porting the theme into SAFE and preparing the script libraries!

Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment