Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Grammar

As I am getting into the more advanced aspects of WebGL, a major challenge is becoming apparent. Sharers (programs that draw things) can not be recursive.... while fractals are, by definition, recursive. To overcome this, I am going to have to implement an iterative drawing mechanism in WebGL (while I could recursively generate the fractal in JavaScript, the result would not be nearly as fast. Besides shaders being optimal for this type of computation, recursive approaches are almost always slower since they require complex memory management.) I am digging through the following resources as I try to write an algorithm to generate a fractal recursively:

As a bonus, I am learning grammar rules (not the punctuation, spelling kind.) A very important and powerful concept in Computer Science, I am unfamiliar with the technical implementations and terminology of grammar rules... although that is quickly changing!

Back to research,
Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment