Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hello World!

Dear reader,
Welcome to my WISE project blog. For the next sixteen weeks, I will be developing web-based software to explore fractals and chaos. It is my goal to recreate the antiquated software used by the Ithaca High School fractals and chaos course in a modern environment accessible to students around the world.

My interest is in the mathematical, artistic, and programming aspects of this project. I am going to use a brand new web framework, SAFE, along with new, advanced technologies, including WebGL, that will allow for very fast computation and interactive environments to explore fractals and chaos.

Through the course of this project, I hope to learn not only computer-science-oriented project management skills (including bug tracking and time budgeting) as well as advanced technical skills as I mentioned previously.

I hope you enjoy my blog and my software!
~Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment