Sunday, March 24, 2013

SVG

There are countless languages that are used in web development. One of these is called SVG. It is actually misleading to call it a language. According to Wikipedia, it is
[...] an XML-based vector image format for two-dimensional graphics
 Previously, for the Fractasketch template, I drew a dot at the end of each line segment in the template and then drew lines connecting the dots on a template.



This is not flexible at all though when designing the UI. I only have access to events on the dots (mouse over, clicking on etc.) By switching to SVG for the template drawing, I will be able to write a highly interactive UI where users can click on the lines, points, and arrows that make up the template.

I will post pictures of tests and demos as I learn how to incorporate dynamic SVG content into my page.

Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment