Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mentor Meeting

Today I had my weekly mentor meeting with Mr. Drix. I showed him the final version of Iterative Canvas which we played with for a period.

In my experience, some teachers only use Smart Boards as projectors, some have them but don't use them at all, and a handful use Smart Boards to enhance their lessons beyond what an overhead can do. There are, however, some teachers and some lessons that feature a Smart Board so effectively it amazes me in the way only powerful tools that are used so effectively they become transparent can. Today, I think Iterative Canvas made it to the short list of lessons that are effective on Smart Boards.

While he ran through his lesson and I pointed out technical tips, I also discovered some small things to update. For example, now the grid updates resolution as you type, custom points are reverted to auto when you switch tabs, and changing the number of auto points and their scale are both immediately reflected.

I fixed a few typos in the text below the canvas that I found as we read through them together.

Progress is going well as I create an FUnit from the alpha Fractasketch template UI. More posts on this soon.

Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment