Sunday, March 3, 2013

SAFE on a shared host, status

Installing SAFE on my shared host has turned into a headache of unexpected proportions. Still early in development, the focus has been to develop functionality to run on the dev servers, not yet on customizable deployment. As I mentioned in a previous post,  I removed all user creations, all GRANTs, and DEFINERs from VIEWS from the database initialization code. It turns out that the CRM (which manages all of the pages/users/content etc in SAFE) is written to use these features as well, which causes it to throw errors on my shared host. I have written a proposal to update the CRM to contain the customization required to make installing SAFE easier. In the mean time, I will continue to run the site locally and update the gantt to reflect these unfortunate delays.

Istvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment