Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fractal Canvas - Major Update

Dear reader,
it seems that several of my previous posts from my phone didn't publish to my blog, and were only saved as a draft due to a bug in the Blogger application. In this post, I will compile all of the exciting news that should have been posted over the last two weeks or so.

Fractal Canvas Controls:
The control palate for a line segment has been tightened up and committed to the live code base (sketches and a mockup were posted earlier)! The live code now lets you draw a template and change the line types (0 through 5) for any line by clicking on that segment and then the appropriate number. The move, splice, and delete functions are working to varying degrees on the test site now. Hopefully those three functions will also be committed to the live site by tomorrow when I have a day off school and can work out some quirks.

Fractal Canvas Engine:
The engine is what takes the points from the template and draws the fractal. I wrote the engine on a test site at first, then I updated the beta drawing engine, split it into three functions, committed it to the site, and linked it in. Users can now create fractals from custom templates.

To-do for Fractal Canvas: I need to finish the tools for segments, add tools for points, verify the line types all work, and tidy up the controls/add the missing controls, and draw fractals to new layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment